California Massage Therapist Certification and Exam
NCBTMB and FSMTB have reached an Agreement. NCBTMB will no longer accept applications to utilize their Licensing exams effective November 1, 2014 for completion February 1, 2015 . The MBLEx will be the sole licensing exam for the Massage Profession, this will facilitate portability and standardization for Massage Therapists.
Account Log in- All Licensed Therapist must register with CAMTC
Reciprocity (4604-6)- Moving to CA with a Valid License from another state in the U.S. or Canadian province.
School must be recognized and listed by CAMTC
Certified Massage Practitioner:
** The entire Massage Practitioner (CMP) options will only be available until January 1, 2015. After which it will be phased out and all NEW applicants must meet the requirements set by the Massage Therapist (CMT) options. **
1. 500 or more education Hrs from an approved school.
2. CAMTC will no longer accept distance learning or online hours for the first 500 hours of education as of December 5th, 2013 .
3. A passing score on the MBLEx
4. Hold a current license or certification from a U.S. state or Canadian province with greater or equal requirements to CA. (Policies pending regarding massage education in other countries.)
5. Remember that a local county or city business license may be required if you are not a W-2 employee. No Local Massage Permits Required, just the State Certification.
The best way to prepare for the MBLEx is to take advantage of the 3500 plus massage questions available on our site. You will receive 24 hour access to our state-of-the-art massage study program that tracks each test taken for review. Study questions in 8 different categories from massage assessment and application to anatomy, physiology, and massage law. Using our study aid will help with yourunderstanding of the materials on which you will be tested.