Sport Management Online
Why ODU for Sport Management?
ODU s Sport Management MSEd program will provide you with the sports business knowledge and experience you ll need to get into the game and on your way to a challenging and rewarding career.
You ll expand on previous undergraduate education and develop the ability to:
- Apply theory to practice in sport management settings
- Use critical thinking skills to solve problems
- Conduct research and analyze data
- Employ management and financial principles to achieve organizational objectives
- Implement marketing strategies and tactics to meet the needs and wants of sport consumers
- Plan events and operate sport facilities
- Manage sport organizations in accordance with legal and ethical standards
- Utilize existing and emerging technologies in the field of sport management
#17 Best Value Online College for Sports Management Degrees, 2016 – OnlineU.org
Complete this short form and someone will contact you soon with more information.
- 36 credit hours, including a capstone initiative with a fieldwork experience or thesis option
You must complete six required courses and select four Sport and Recreation Management electives. The curriculum culminates in a capstone initiative.
You can choose from two capstone initiatives: 1) Fieldwork Experience and comprehensive exam, or 2) Thesis. In the first option, you will take the comprehensive exam when your coursework is complete but prior to starting the industry-related capstone experience.
Visit the department s website for more information regarding this program and its courses.
Online Learning Environment
Access course materials online from any location. Many classes don t have a scheduled meeting time, so you can fit class into your personal schedule. The instructor may schedule assignments and exams at specific times. All courses follow ODU s regular academic calendar.
Careers in Sport Management
This program prepares students for careers in a wide variety of organizations in the sport industry, including:
- Professional sports
- Collegiate athletics
- Event and facility operations
- Corporate sport management and marketing firms
- Community recreation and leisure agencies
- Non-profit sport organizations
- Health and fitness industries
- Military MWR programs
- Intramural sports and recreation
In-state Virginia Residents:
$496 per credit hour*
$538 per credit hour*
Rates are effective Summer 2017 and subject to change.
* In-state rate assumes residency requirements are met.
How to Apply
To apply to this graduate program, you must have a Bachelor s degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent. An application checklist and details are available on the Department of Human Movement Sciences web site. All application materials must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions .
You will have a dedicated advisor from the Darden College of Education. If you have questions about classes or the admission process, please contact us online .